Sunday, November 13, 2011

50's Day!

We had so much fun celebrating 50's day at school! We decorated the hallways and our K-2 teachers really got into the whole celebration, which was awesome.


We went bowling and graphed the number of pins we knocked down.

We learned lots of new dances, like "The Twist" and "The Handjive". My students liked both but said dancing made them tired! Ha!

Some kiddos even dressed up for the occasion! Adore this!

We made records and added our picture. The record template and lots of other awesome 50's day activities can be found in Cara Carroll's TPT store.

We made root beer floats! Yummm.

We had a giant sock hop in the gym...complete with teachers on skates. Love my K-2 team!


All in all a fun day! Here's my fabulous team - 50s style. ♥ these gals!


And special thanks to my Momma who made my poodle skirt (in case the one from high school didn't **cough cough** fit anymore...haha).


If you haven't tried 50's day - go for it! The kiddos loved it (and secretly I think the teachers did too).

5 comments:

Thanks for stopping by! I heart comments!

Don't Fall Over...But I'm Writing a Post...

Shut the front door. Is it bad that I haven't written a post in for.ever.? I almost didn't remember how to get to Blogger. Okay, it ...