Saturday, February 4, 2012

February Math Stations

It was a dreary Saturday here - so I wrapped up with a blanket and kept the coffee going all day. I got a Keurig for my birthday - and thought about how lazy I was contemplated moving it to my computer table. Ha.

February Math Stations are ready to go!

I had lots of ideas this time around - probably why my poor brain doesn't shut off at night and I don't get much sleep - anyone else have that problem. Slight problem when I teach Kindergarten and the KinderKiddos need their teacher awake and ready at o-dark-thirty lol!

I tried not to get too lovey-dovey with the stations - so my boys wouldn't go "ewwwwwwww" every time they opened a math tub!

February Planning Document

Number Writing - Race to Trace Valentine Style
I keep this game fresh by changing out what the kids can trace with too (highlighters, crayons, colored pencils, etc.)

Number Recognition - Bee Mine Roll and Cover
My kiddos loved the Polar Pals game from Mrs Lirettes Learning Detectives Blog - especially the 3 dice. :) I made a February version.

**Updated - I added a version without the yellow background...thanks for the suggestion Hadar. Especially after printing it out this morning and my printer said...your tri-color cartridge is running low...ahhhh!

Number Representation

This cute felt hearts game is a Pinterest find! From Apples and ABCs Blog

Games - Math is a Hoot
I changed up the dice and am going to use a 10-frames dice. Should be pretty easy for them - but I just wanted something new to freshen up the station!

Be Mine Patterns
Just in case my sweethearts do everything but the expected activity get off task at this math tub, I added the Pattern Cards. They will pick one and create a pattern using the pictures. If you use this center, you'll want several copies of page 2 so they can make patterns.

Count and Create
Count using 10 frames and create the number with heart cutouts. I added the "17" card to remind them what they should be doing with the hearts. We have an accucut at school that has a heart - but you could use just about any heart cutout!

Graphing - Toss and Track
To continue practicing numbers in the 20's! Dice is included - but you could program anyone that you have - that's usually easier than cutting and folding! :)

Geometry/Drawing - Roll a Monster
I think this is my favorite for February. This is going to be the teacher station. My kids love the "roll a" games, but I wanted to make it a little more challenging. Hopefully I'm not pulling my hair out with this one. I added base 10 blocks and we are going to roll, count and draw....
We'll see how it goes!!!

Wheeewwww. That was a super long post! Enjoy if you use anything! 
If you aren't a follower, I'd love for you to become one, follow me on FB or leave a comment with suggestions or questions!

37 comments:

  1. Love it all! Thanks so much for sharing!!!

    Kim
    Growing Up Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for all of the wonderful ideas!! I am adding them to my plans for this week! I appreciate your generosity:)
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love new ideas for kindergaten! Keep them coming!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your ideas, they will be put to use starting tomorrow! <3 Great variety ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. HUGE thanks for making these free. A couple are exactly what I needed for this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh WOW!! Thanks for sharing......I need to get busy this weekend to get my stations ready!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much for sharing...it was perfect timing since I'm getting my valentine stations ready this weeekend!
    I especially love the "count and create!" I've never seen anything like it before!
    Happy Valentine's Day!
    megandw@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very Cute! Thanks for sharing! I have had such a difficult time when it is time to change the stations out. I love your math station planning sheet, that will help me more than anything. I had not thought to do that yet! Thanks!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such cute things!! Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! These look like incredible tasks:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cool. I made a blog is bilingual (english-spanish) with songs, fingerplays in both languages. El Kinder de Maestra Nieves please check it out

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for sharing such wonderful station ideas! I love your planning sheet as much as your actual station ideas. You have just made my life much simpler!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Do you have Math planning sheets for every month starting in September? If so - would you mind sharing? I would love to see how your stations progress and what activities you use? Thanks!
    amymcelveen@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for sharing all of your awesome stuff - I know my kids will absolutely LOVE these math stations :o)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love! You are awesome! Thanks for sharing :)

    Hadar

    ReplyDelete
  17. If you have the time, or you're bored, would you pretty, pretty, please upload the "bee mine" game without the yellow background?? I want to use it but I'm so stingy with my ink! haha! thanks :)

    Hadar

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for sharing! We are just getting into using the base 10 blocks, so the roll a monster game will be great!
    Teachin' First

    ReplyDelete
  19. VERY nice! Thank you for sharing!!! Are there dice templates available for addition??

    Deanna
    johnsod@canoncityschools.org

    ReplyDelete
  20. I LOVE and HEART it all! WOWzers! Your kiddos are lucky to have such a creative teacher! =)

    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow! These are amazing! Thank you for sharing your stations with us! :)
    Cheryl
    Crayons and Curls

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hello! I just came across your cute blog! New follower! Thank you for sharing your math stations. They are adorable! Come check me out for more math ideas and centers! :)

    Sarah
    funintitlemath.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow! I wanted you to know that I LOVE your blog and gave you an award! Come check it out at my site! http://loveluckandlaughter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Super cute ideas, thanks for sharing! Following you :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thank you! Thank you! This post is WONDERFUL!

    THYordan@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. I also pre-school teacher for 5 years. I've been teaching kindergarten at the moment.
    really liked your blog. I have mine pre-school with my blog. I'll be very happy if you visit my blog.

    http://birdunyazeynep.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

  27. Thank you for all the hard work you put into it. It's really shows. i read you all post i love to read your post and you work well. Cute Status

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I heart comments!

Don't Fall Over...But I'm Writing a Post...

Shut the front door. Is it bad that I haven't written a post in for.ever.? I almost didn't remember how to get to Blogger. Okay, it ...