Wednesday, December 22, 2010

If You Take a Mouse to the Movies

I love Laura Numeroff books. The nice thing about this book was that most of my kids hadn't read it - so they really enjoyed listening to the story.


We read the story and then did a word sort with "P" and "M" words together. Students then did the sort on their own. We made a mouse craft and finished a predictable chart "I would take a mouse to _____________". It turned out really cute! 

Mouse Craft


For math, we strung popcorn numbers (1-30) with partners! The kids had fun. My hope next year is to have a paper tree large enough to hang up the popcorn strings when we are finished!



A special thanks to the First Grade Parade Blog for the inspiration!

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by! I heart comments!

Don't Fall Over...But I'm Writing a Post...

Shut the front door. Is it bad that I haven't written a post in for.ever.? I almost didn't remember how to get to Blogger. Okay, it ...