Friday, June 17, 2011

LiNkY pArTy!!!

I love linky parties! They have so much information and are on so many great topics...

Which brings me to my next point. :-) Growing Kinders is hosting a linky party on Kindergarten schedules.


It is so hard to fit everything in. The schedule below is one that I created in August - but it has changed considerably! Through the year, I stretch out Writer's, Reading and Math Workshops. Which means that rest time, social studies and science - even the restroom break!- get cut as the year goes on.

It looks good on paper - but I don't follow it strictly. Kinder kiddos need structure but flexibility - so while the schedule is created - I'm totally fine with changing things up!

My kiddos loved reading and math workshop this year - so I stretched the time out to fit their needs as the year progressed.  The hardest part of our schedule is that lunch starts at 10:55 - so we have about 1.5 hours after getting settled in to get everything for ELA in. It's craziness. My teammates and I have talked on several occasions about teaching 10 things at 10% to get it all in versus teaching 2-3 things at 100%.

I don't think there is ever an easy answer...

10-11 Schedule

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for linking up! I think I would like starting school at 8:45 -- not sure about ending at 3:45 though! How long do you have to stay after the day is over?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our work day is from 8:15 - 4:15. It's nice to start late - but it makes for a long day! Especially at the beginning of the year with all day Kinders!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by my blog! I will definitely check out your Pinterest page! I am your newest follower :) Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing your schedule! I have taught kindergarten for 7 years in a half day program, which is only 2.5 hours for each class. This year I will be teaching all day kindergarten and will have so much more time with my students! I have really enjoying Growing Kinders linky party because I have seen so many great schedules for all day kindergarten. I am curious what your Good News, Name Game and End of Day Cheer are. If you have time to explain them that would be great, but if not I understand.
    Thanks!
    Kari :)
    Karianne1120@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I heart comments!

Don't Fall Over...But I'm Writing a Post...

Shut the front door. Is it bad that I haven't written a post in for.ever.? I almost didn't remember how to get to Blogger. Okay, it ...